If you have a Chase Amazon Rewards Visa, then check out this new offers that will earn you 5% back on select bill payments. The offer was sent out by email and is targeted. But you should be able to check if you are eligible through the link below even if you didn’t get an email yet.
Earn 5% Back for each $1 spent, on up to $10,000 in total spend on combined purchases in the reward categories listed below during the promotional period (4% additional Back on top of the 1% Back earned on each purchase). This equates to 5 points for each $1 spent, until you reach the $10,000 limit.
- Phone Service
- Must activate offer
- 5% Back: To be eligible for this offer, you must log on to the website referenced in this offer and enroll by 03/31/19, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- After $10,000 on combined purchases in the reward categories listed below, you go back to earning 1% Back rewards for every dollar spent, with no maximum.
- For a purchase to qualify for this offer, the merchant must submit charges to your credit card by the last day of the promotional period 04/15/19.
- All of your eligible purchases during the promotional period will be automatically counted, as long as you have enrolled by 03/31/2019.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying purchases post to your account for 5% Back to post to your account.
- Rewards Categories: Internet, Cable, and Phone Service category merchants provide internet, cable, satellite television, radio, cellular, wireless data, and landline services.
- In addition, if you purchase or pay for your internet, cable and satellite television, phone or related services in a merchant’s store that is not registered by the merchant in the applicable services category, the purchase or payment will not qualify; for example, phone bill payments in a merchant’s store that register to Chase as a telephone equipment store.
- Utility category merchants provide electric, household fuel, water, and sanitation.
- Please note that purchases of equipment and some merchants that sell utility-related goods and services are not included; for example, electronics or other retail stores and merchants offering maintenance and cleaning services.
- Insurance category merchants provide health, automobile, homeowners, medical, and life insurance.
- What determines whether a merchant falls into a category? Merchants who accept Visa/MasterCard credit cards are assigned a merchant code, which is determined by the merchant or its processor in accordance with Visa/MasterCard procedures based on the kinds of products and services they primarily sell. We group similar merchant codes into categories for purposes of making offers to you.
- Please note: We make every effort to include all relevant merchant codes in our categories. However, even though a merchant or some of the items that it sells may appear to fit within a category, the merchant may not have a merchant code in that category. When this occurs, purchases with that merchant won’t qualify for offers on purchases in that category.
- Purchases submitted by you, an authorized user, or the merchant through third-party payment accounts, mobile or wireless card readers, online or mobile digital wallets, or similar technology will not qualify in a category if the technology is not set up to process the purchase in that category.
This is pretty good offer for those who are targeted. You can get up to $500 in cashback for paying your bills. Just make sure you activate the offer before March 31st.