American Express is targeting more people with a great offer to earn extra Membership Rewards points or cash by adding authorized users. These offers are sent by mail, email or show up online when you log into your accounts. Most often they appear for Platinum and Gold cardholders, but this time around we’re seeing them for other cards as well.
- Earn up to 20,000 Bonus Points: Each Additional Card Member added through this offer can earn you 5,000 bonus points after they spend $500 in purchases on their Card in their first 3 months. Limit of 4 bonus offers. Offer expires on February 28, 2019. Direct link.
You can add 3 authorized Platinum cards for $175 total. Then it costs $175 for each additional card. But you can also choose to add Gold cards, which are free but don’t get the perks of Platinum such as lounge access etc.
Blue Cash Everyday
- Add new additional card members to your account through this e-mail and earn $25 after they spend $250 in eligible purchases on their card in the first 3 months of card membership (limit of 20,000 points). Offer ends February 28th, 2019.
- Add new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and earn 5,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after they spend $250 in purchases on their Card in their first 3 months of Card Membership (limit 20,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points). Offer ends February 28th, 2019.
- Additional Card Members must be added all at once.
- Points will be posted to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member makes required purchases.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $500 spend requirement.
- The Additional Card Member’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.
This is a great bonus and easy points if you are targeted and can add a few people to your account. But be aware that Amex has been freezing some Membership Rewards accounts after such bonuses earlier in the year. If you follow the rules, then you don’t have anything to worry about. Also keep in mind that these additional cards count as new accounts for Chase 5/24 purposes.
Let me know if you are targeted.