The Virgin Atlantic Mastercard from bank of America has a new 90,000 miles signup bonus. This bonus comes again with a few separate parts but to get the full 90,000 you will need to spend $25,000 in the first year. The bonus is set to expire on January 30th, 2019.
Bonus & Requirements
Here’s the breakdown of the signup bonus.
- 20,000 Flying Club bonus miles after your first retail purchase
- 50,000 additional Flying Club bonus miles after you spend at least $12,000 in qualifying purchases within 6 months of your account open date
- Earn up to 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add additional authorized users to your card
- Earn 7,500 anniversary Flying Club miles will be awarded when you spend a minimum of $15,000 in Net Purchases within the anniversary year
- Earn an additional 7,500 anniversary Flying Club miles will be awarded when you spend $25,000 in Net Purchases within the anniversary year
The first 20K will be easy as you just need to make one purchase. The next 50K points require some heavy spending, $12,000, but you have 6 months to do it. Make sure you have the means to do the spending. 5K for authorized user is also easy. Then for the first 7,500 anniversary miles, you just need to spend $3K more, so that’s doable as well, but for the next 7,500 anniversary points you will need to spend another $10K which really doesn’t make sense. But if you do spend $25K the primary cardholder will qualify for an Economy companion reward ticket for half the standard miles of a reward economy seat.
- Earn 3 Flying Club miles per dollar on purchases of Virgin Atlantic Airways tickets and duty free items purchased directly from Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Earn 1.5 Flying Club miles per dollar on all other purchases
- Earn one tier point per $2,500 in purchases (maximum of 2 per month)
- No foreign transaction fees
Applying for the Card
At Bank of America credit card you’re allowed two new cards in the last 2 months, three in 12 months, and four cards every 24 months. They also added a new 24-month restriction recently, but not for this credit card.
We see this Virgin Atlantic card 90K bonus often, and although it is advertised at 90,000 points, it most likely just a 75,000 bonus for many, since you need to spend $25K for maximum bonus. The bonus is decent, but nothing great in my opinion.