There’s a new Southwest Winter Sale with fares as low as $49 one-way. You need to book by January 3rd to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid January 8 through February 22, 2019.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 14 through February 28, 2019, and April 23 through February 16, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required for Continental U.S. and 21-day advance purchase required for San Juan, Puerto Rico and International travel.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
These are good deals from Southwest. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Or hopefully you picked up some discounted Southwest gift cards during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.