Amazon has sent out offers to its cardholders with a promotion to earn double rewards at Whole Foods.
- Prime Rewards Visa – Earn a total of 10% Back at Whole Foods Market on up to a total of $400 in purchases at Whole Foods Market stores, including Whole Foods Market 365 stores, between Dec 17, 2018 – Dec 24,2018.
- Rewards Visa – Earn a total of 6% Back at Whole Foods Market on up to a total of $400 in purchases at Whole Foods Market stores, including Whole Foods Market 365 stores, between Dec 17, 2018 – Dec 24,2018.
The regular earning rate is 5% and 3% respectively on these cards.
- Excludes gift cards
- Valid for Prime members only
- 10% Back is earned only on purchases made at Whole Foods Market (including physical Whole Foods Market and Whole Foods Market 365 stores, and the website accessible at wholefoodsmarket.com)
- 10% Back is not earned on (i) purchases at Amazon.com, (ii) purchases from merchants using Amazon Pay, (iii) purchases made at international Amazon retail sites (including but not limited to Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp), or any other website operated by Amazon, (iv) purchases made at international Whole Foods Market sites, (v) purchases of Whole Foods Market or Whole Foods Market 365 products or services through third-party sites such as Eventbrite, Instacart, Google Express and Shipt, (vi) online purchases of event tickets, classes or gift cards redeemable at Whole Foods Market or Whole Foods Market 365 (including through buyatab.com), (vii) purchases from certain third-party vendors operating at Whole Foods Market sites, (viii) purchases of massage chair services made at Whole Foods Market sites, or (ix) purchases from [email protected], in each case in Amazon’s sole discretion.
The offer is probably available to everyone, even if you didn’t receive an email directly. Gift cards should trigger the double earning rate, but it’s not guaranteed. I don’t think the gift card selection is as good as it used to be at many Whole Foods stores, but it should still be worthwhile. Keep in mind that the promotion starts on 12/17.