American Express today announced enhanced premium business and travel solutions for Business Platinum Card Members coming in 2019. In February 2019, Business Platinum Card Members will receive information about Platinum Global Access from WeWork, which includes one year of complimentary access to WeWork locations around the world. Platinum Global Access from WeWork provides convenient workspaces, and on-site support and amenities, so Card Members can be more productive when they travel. In addition, Card Members will receive a Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit of up to $200 in statement credits annually for purchases made directly at Dell. There’s also $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75). But all that come with a big fee increase of $145.
- One year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork, a network of premium workspaces around the world. With Platinum Global Access, enjoy over 300 workspaces in 75+ cities and 20+ countries, valued at $2,700. You’ll receive more information in February 2019 about the offer and how to enroll.
- New Centurion® Lounge locations in New York JFK, Los Angeles, and Denver airports, and the expansion of The Centurion Lounge in Miami. More value for your business and travel purchases
- Up to $200 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell on your Business Platinum Card. You’ll receive more information about how to enroll in the new Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit in February 2019.
- $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75) for new reservations made after February 1, 2019 when you book through Amex Travel.
Card Members will receive more information about these benefits in February 2019.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on prepaid travel on amextravel.com
- 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, up to 1 million additional points per year
- 35% points back after use of the Pay with Points feature for all or part of an eligible flight, up to 500,000 points back per calendar year
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, a Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck program application, and many other existing premium travel benefits
Along with these changes, the annual membership fee for Business Platinum will be $595. This fee increase will not take effect until your next membership renewal date on or after your February 2019 billing cycle.
The added benefits could come in handy for some people. Platinum Global Access from WeWork would make the card worthwhile for those who are looking for that service. The $200 Dell credit should also net some savings, if it is paid out at once and not broken up monthly. You get $25 more in credit for The Hotel Collection as well. But the fee increase if huge. You will soon have to pay $595, up from the current fee of $450. At best these change are break even I would think for most people.
If you want the card, now is probably a good time to apply. The fee is still $450 and you can use up airline fee credit three times while only paying the annual fee once. There’s currently a 75,000 Membership Rewards offer if you are approved for the card.
See full press release.