Update: The gift card part of the offer was pulled early.
Update: You can make this deal even better if you have the Amex Offer for advertising that will give you $100 off a $500 purchase.
Google Fi has a sweet promotion today. You can bring your own device or purchase a phone from them and you’ll get a huge discount in either case. Until recently you could only use Google’s Nexus and Pixel phones, but now they accept most recent Android smartphones, and iPhones running iOS 11 or higher.
Google Fi Promo
- When you purchase a qualifying device on fi.google.com, you can redeem a travel gift card in the amount you paid for the device (up to $999), excluding taxes. Limited time offer applies to any qualifying device purchased from fi.google.com from 11/28/18 12:00 AM PT through 11/28/18 11:59 PM PT, or while supplies last.
- To qualify for this promotion, a device must be activated within 15 days of device shipment and remain active for 60 consecutive days within 75 days of device shipment. The device must be activated within the same group plan that was used to purchase the device. Activation must be for full service (i.e., activation does not apply to a data-only SIM).
- This offer is available for new Google Fi customers as of 11/28/18 12:00 AM PT and existing, active Google Fi customers. If the customer is new to Google Fi, the customer must transfer (port-in) their current personal number over to Google Fi during sign up. The number being transferred must be currently active and have been active with the previous carrier and the customer since 8/28/18 12:00 AM PT.
- If Fi service is paused for more than 7 days or cancelled within 120 days of activation, the value of the gift card will be charged to your Google Payments account to match the purchased price of the device.
- Limit one per person.
- Activate your compatible device that was not purchased at fi.google.com or store.google.com by 12/28/18 11:59 PM PT and remain active for 30 consecutive days to get a $200 Fi Service Credit.
- To qualify for the service credit, activation must be for full service (i.e., activation does not apply to a data-only SIM). Afterwards, a service credit will be applied to the purchaser’s Fi account. Customer will receive an email notifying them of the service credit after all terms and conditions have been satisfied, and the credit will be applied to the customer’s subsequent bills around 45 – 60 days after activation. If the account is paused, credits will only appear once the account is reactivated. Service credits will be applied only toward monthly service costs such as data, calls, texts, and device protection; they cannot be applied device purchase or financing.
- New Google Fi users must transfer (port-in) their current personal number over to Google Fi during sign up. The number being transferred must be currently active and have been active with the previous carrier and the user since 8/28/18 12:00 AM PT.
- Limit one per person.
How it Works
Unlike the big four US carriers you’ve heard of, the Verizons and Sprints of the world, Google Fi doesn’t operate its own network. Instead, it piggybacks on those of T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular, handing your phone off to whichever one offers the strongest connection at any given time.
On Google Fi, you get unlimited calls and texting for $20 per month, while data costs $10 per gigabyte, up to 6GB. Their service can be used internationally as well for the same flat rate (n most countries).
A pretty sweet deal for a cheap phone service and a great signup bonus. You can also get $20 if you sign up through a referral. If you refer people then you get $100 credit. You’re welcome to post your referrals in the comments. Just please share this post on Twiiter or Facebook in return.