Chase often has a great $500 bonus offer, $300 for checking and $200 for savings. More recently they upped that offer to $525, but they have outdone themselves again. They are targeting some people with a $600 bonus for both accounts. The accounts cane be opened both in-branch and online, but you need an offer code for this Chase $600 bonus.
The offer gives you a $600 total bonus, but it comes in two parts that can be done separately. You’ll receive $300 for opening a checking account, $200 for a savings account, and an extra $100 if you do both.
- GET $300 for new Chase checking customers who open a CHASE TOTAL CHECKING® account and set up Direct Deposit.
- GET $200 for opening a new CHASE SAVINGS account, depositing a total of $15,000 or more in new money within 10 business days, and maintaining a $15,000 balance for 90 days. (not the best offer)
- OR get $600 for both (an extra $100)
Expiration dates could vary from late September till early October.
Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. You can receive only one new checking and one savings account opening related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
Also you need to have a Chase branch nearby in order to be eligible.
Both the checking and the savings account comes with monthly fees, but can be waived.
Chase Total Checking has a $12 Monthly Service Fee that is waived when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR,
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account; OR,
- Keep an average beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
Chase Savings has a $5 Monthly Service Fee that is waived when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your savings account; OR,
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your Chase personal checking account (available only through Chase Online Banking); OR
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account.
This is by far one of the best bonuses offered by banks for deposit accounts. With a direct link and opening the account online is as good as it gets. Plus the total bonus is now $600 instead of the usual $500 or $525, but you need to have been targeted.
Chase has sent out some of these offers by mail. You can also try checking your accounts online to see if you have it. If you struck out with both those options, then you can look on eBay for these coupons and purchase one for a few bucks.
You can do this bonus even if you have done it in the past, but you can only get it once each calendar year.
The Checking part is the easiest bonus to receive. You will receive a $300 bonus for opening a checking account and completing a direct deposit of any amount, simple as that. The $200 savings bonus on the other hand comes with a 15K deposit that you will have to keep it in the account for at least 90 days. Worth doing since you also get the extra $100 for opening both accounts.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.