Changes are coming to IHG Rewards. Point redemption amounts for Reward Nights at approximately 700 hotels will change, but there’s no exact date yet as to when that will happen. Last year these changes went into effect mid February. There’s a few hotels where redemption amounts will change 5,000-10,000 points with some increasing, and others decreasing and there’s also a new maximum now of 70,000 points per night, up from the previous high of 60K.
Most changes are increases. There’s 499 properties are increasing in price and only 192 properties that are decreasing in price.
Here’s the properties that now will cost you 70K per night:
- InterContinental Paris – Le Grand
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa
- InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora
- InterContinental Hong Kong
- InterContinental – ANA Manza Beach Resort
- InterContinental London Park Lane
- InterContinental The Clement Monterey
- InterContinental San Francisco
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
- InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C.
- InterContinental Boston
- InterContinental New York Barclay
- InterContinental New York Times Square
These look mainly like negative changes, with most oh hotels now requiring more points per night. The new highest tier of 70K point per night definitely further devalues IHG points. Check out all 691 hotels here and let me know if any hotels you have you eye on is changing for better or worse.