Iberia has a new promotion, offering 25% off on some award flights in both Economy and Business class. To take advantage of this offer, you need to book by 31 January 2018 and fly between February 1 to March 23 and from April 1 to May 15.
The offer is available in a few markets, such as Africa and Asia (Tokyo, Shanghai, Johannesburg, Argiers, Oran), but in the US seems to be available only for flights to/from Boston and Chicago.
- See promotion page (in Spanish).
- Book by 1/31/2017
- Fly between February 1 to March 23 and from April 1 to February 15, 2019.
- Valid offer for direct flights commercialized and operated by Iberia, Iberia Express and Iberia Regional Air Nostrum in all classes.
- This offer is not cumulative to others in force in the same period and destination.
- This promotion does not apply to flights outside of the mentioned dates does not include periods of high season.
Iberia shares the same Avios program with IAG partners British Airways and Aer Lingus. Points can be transferred instantly between them. Iberia Plus award chart is a distance based award chart and each segment is a separate award level.
Unlike British Airlines, there’s no fuel surcharges for Iberia-operated flights. You can check how far your Avios can take you with Iberia here.
Avios already give you good value on Iberia award flights and with this discount it gets even better. A flights from Boston or Chicago to Madrid for example would cost you 17,000 off-peak usually and it will only cost you 12,750 Avios with this 25% discount. Round trip award flights will be just 25,500 Avios. Business class will cost you double of Economy class on one-way and round-trip flights.
Avios is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards and SPG Starpoints. Chase and SPG have a 1:1 transfer rate, but SPG gives you the best value with an extra 5,000 miles bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints.