Buy 5,000+ IHG Rewards Club points and you will receive double the points. Offer available for purchases made by 12:00 AM ET March 3, 2019.
- Offer available for purchases made between 12:00 AM ET March 24, 2019 and 11:59 PM ET March 3, 2019 inclusive.
- Bonus points will be awarded upon completion of the transaction.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the recipient of the points purchase.
- Members may purchase a maximum of 60,000 points per calendar year and receive as a gift a maximum of 60,000 points per calendar year.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for points to post and appear in the recipient’s account. All other IHG® Rewards Club Terms and Conditions apply.
IHG points are valued at about 0.6-0.7 cents each and through this offer you’re purchasing them for 0.575 cents a piece, which is better, but not really worth the trouble for many. Before going this route, I would suggest taking a look at the 25% Off promo that expires today. You can get 25% Off Cash Portion Of IHG Points & Cash Bookings, which could get you IHG points for about 0.45cpp through this method mentioned here. That’s definitely a much better rate. Keep in mind that if you have the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card you get a 10% refund on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points back per year.
Even though you’re getting these points cheaper than what they’re usually worth, you should buy them speculatively. Only purchase if you have a redemption that will give you a good value for your points, or if you need some extra points towards a redemption. Also keeo in
Usually the best redemptions for IHG points are during their PointBreaks promotions, where you can book award nights for just 5,000 points. That’s about $29 per night which is a great price.
These points are sold by Points.com and not directly from IHG, so just use a credit card that earn you at least 2% on everyday spending.