Wells Fargo has a new bonus of $300 that is available in select cities. The account can be opened online or at a branch by 11/22/2017.
Complete both of the following:
- Open a new eligible Wells Fargo consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by March 22, 2019
- Within 150 days of your account open date, your account must receive total qualifying direct deposits of at least $1,500 per month for three consecutive months
- A qualifying direct deposit: Your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income, electronically deposited (by an employer, the government or an outside agency) to the account opened for this offer
- A non-qualifying deposit: Transfers from one account to another, deposits made at a branch or ATM, and deposits from payments for the sale of goods or services
$300 checking bonus will be dposited into your new consumer checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications for the checking bonus have been met.
All consumer checking accounts (except Teen Checking) are eligible for the bonus of $300 when opened in a branch.
Offer available only in the following participating locations (branch and online): Baltimore, MD; Denver, CO; Richmond-Petersburg, VA; Norfolk, VA; Portland, OR; Seattle-Tacoma, WA; Washington, DC-MD, Raleigh, NC; San Diego, CA.
You do not qualify for this bonus if you’re a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account is the best option. It has a monthly service fee of $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
You also receive a $5 monthly service fee discount off the $10 monthly service fee when the primary account owner is 17 through 24 years of age.
This is a great bonus for a new checking account so if your zip code qualifies you, I would definitely go for it. This bonus does require a direct deposit, but most ACHs will satisfy that requirement. It’s also fairly easy to keep account fee free.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.
- Apply Here
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Select locations (see above)
- Expiration Date: 11/22/2017
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $1,500 per month for three consecutive months
- Other Requirements: None
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None