Alaska Mileage Plan has a best ever bonus offer on purchased miles. Buy miles now and get up to 50% more. Buy more to earn more through March 1, 2019. Here’s the bonus breakdown:
- 10,000 – 19,000 = 20% bonus
- 20,000 – 49,000 = 35% bonus
- 50,000 – 60,000 = 50% bonus
You will need to purchase at least 50,000 Alaska miles to get the 50% bonus rate.
Miles can be purchased . You need to enter you name, email and Mileage Plan number to see if you’re targeted.
The points are sold by Points.com which doesn’t qualify as airfare. Use a credit card that earn you at least 2% on everyday spending.
- Limit of 60,000 miles per transaction. No limit on total miles purchased.
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate.
- Transactions must be completed between 8:59 AM ET May 15 and 11:59 PM ET March 1, 2019 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- If a member opens a new Mileage Plan account, they will have to wait 10 business days before they are allowed to purchase, gift, and transfer or swap miles online into their new Mileage Plan account.
This is the best offer we’ve seen on purchased Alaska miles. But even with this offer, these miles don’t come cheap.
Alaska miles are value at about 1.75 cent a piece and if you maximize this offer you will be buying miles for 1.97 cents each. That’s more than the average value of these points but it’s not much off. That means that you shouldn’t buy these points speculatively, as it’s possible to end up paying more for a flight. But, if you have a redemption in mind then it might make sense to purchase miles. You can definitely get a value of over 2 cents for Alaska Miles on First and Business class award flights to Asia and Australia.