Wells Fargo is offering a great $250 bonus for opening an eligible Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account with the minimum opening deposit of $25 by February 24, 2019. All consumer checking accounts, including non-interest-earning checking accounts (except Teen Checking) are eligible for the bonus
To get the bonus, within 60 days of account opening, you must complete these requirements:
- Make 10 debit card purchases/payments
This is the best offer they’ve had for checking accounts and it’s a great one since it comes with minimal requirements.
An extra bonus of having a Wells Fargo checking account, is that you can then apply for Wells Fargo credit cards. Even then, they’re a bit stingy with their approvals. I was declined more than a year ago for the Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa card. So I’ll give it another try now so I can get this $100 bonus plus 5% cash back for 6 months.
The offer is available nationwide, unlike the previous offer that expired, which had language limiting it to those targeted only. But even with that offer I did receive the bonus just a few days after completing the requirements.
You do not qualify for the bonus if you have received any cash or cash-equivalent bonus through Wells Fargo consumer deposits in the past 12 months.
How to avoid fees
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account has a monthly service fee of $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
You also receive a $5 monthly service fee discount off the $10 monthly service fee when the primary account owner is 17 through 24 years of age.
- Apply Here
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: 3/24/2017
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: 10 debit card purchases/payments within 60 days
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None