What’s This Settlement About
The lawsuit alleges that SNA (Salov North America Corp.) improperly marketed the Products as “Imported From Italy.” The lawsuit alleges that – as disclosed on the back label – most of the olive oil in the Products originates from olives grown in other countries, then shipped to Italy for blending and bottling before being exported to the United States.
Filippo Berio is a widely available brand of olive oil, found in tons of supermarkets nationwide, so lots of people should be eligible.
The Settlement Class includes all persons in the United States who purchased Filippo Berio Olive Oil between May 23, 2010 and FEBRUARY 28, 2019 that was labeled as “Imported from Italy.”
What Products Are Included?
The settlement is limited to the following products: Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Filippo Berio Olive Oil, or Filippo Berio Light Tasting Olive Oil.
How Much Do I Get?
If you timely file a claim that complies with the instructions on the claim form and in this notice, you will receive a $0.50 cash payment for each bottle or can of a Product that your household purchased between February 23, 2019 and FEBRUARY 28, 2019, regardless of the price you paid for each package, subject to the following minimum and maximum payouts and limitations:
- The minimum payment for any valid claim shall be $2.00 per household. Thus, a Settlement Class member who submits a valid claim for purchases of one (1) to four (4) Products shall receive $2.00 per household.
- Proof of Purchase is not required for any claim for up to 10 Products purchased per household (i.e., for a cash payment up to $5.00 per household).
- Proof of Purchase is required for any claim that seeks a cash payment of more than $5.00 per household (i.e., for more than 10 Product packages purchased per household).
- All claims submitted from the same household shall be treated as a single claim including for the purposes of the Proof of Purchase requirements.
You must submit a claim by 05/02/2017.
Do Not Submit False Claims
Please do not submit fraudulent claims for these settlement rebates. It takes money away from those who deserve a reimbursement, and furthermore it is illegal. You’re usually required to acknowledge something along these lines:
I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that all of the information provided on this Claim Form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- File claim here
- Rebate: $0.50 per bottle, Up to $5 or more wirh proof
- Proof of Purchase: No proof required for up to $5 rebate
- Settlement Pool: Unknown
- Deadline: 05/02/2017
- Read Settlement Details Here