Update: The bonus is targeted to customers in Indiana, Illinois and Ohio. They are not approving applications from other states. (HT: reddit)
Open a new First Merchants Bank checking account by 3/31/2017 and receive $200 with qualifying activity.
Qualifying activity is the following:
- Use the promotional code CK200 online, in branch or call toll-free at 1.800.205.3464
- Have at least one direct deposit of $50+ within 60 days
- Make at least six non-pin based transactions with FMB debit card within 60 days
- Account must be in good standing when the above conditions are satisfied
Once conditions are met, the $200 reward will be awarded within two statement cycles.
Existing FMB checking account or accounts converting to another account are not eligible. You can only receive one reward per household per calendar year.
In the application, Indiana, Illinois and Ohio are singled out, so they maybe the states targeted with this promo.
But, you’re still able to continue the application after you choose your state from the list of other states. There’s no mention in fine print that the bonus is limited to any specific states, so for now at least it should be nationwide. Looks like they’re only approving applications from Indiana, Illinois and Ohio.
In terms & Conditions of the offer, there’s the following language regarding credit verification.
You agree that we may verify credit and employment history by any necessary means, including preparation of a credit report by a credit reporting agency.
It does make it seem like there might be a hard pull, but several datapoints from reddit thread indicate that there’s been no hard pulls so far.
- Apply Here
- Account Type: eChecking Account (best option)
- Availability: IN, IL and OH
- Expiration Date: 3/31/2017
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $50 within 60 days
- Other Requirements: 6 non-pin based debit card transactions within 60 days
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $250
- Monthly Fee: $3 for eChecking Account, waived with estatements
- Closing Account Fee: $50