This lawsuit claims that Caribbean Cruise Line violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (the “TCPA”) by making automated survey calls offering a free cruise in exchange for taking a political and/or public opinion survey.
You may be part of the Settlement Class if you received an automated telephone call (i.e., a call containing a prerecorded message or that used a robotic voice) on a cellular or landline residential telephone line between March 1, 2019 and March 31, 2019 that offered a free cruise in exchange for taking a public opinion and/or political survey. You are part of this settlement if:
- Your information appeared in Defendants’ records, in which case you would have likely received an email or postcard and claim form in the mail;
- Even if you did not receive an email or postcard in the mail about this Settlement, you may still be part of one of the Settlement Class if your number appears in Defendants’ records. Click here to see if your number appears in Defendants’ records; or
- You recall getting one of the automated calls described above and one of the numbers appearing here appears on your cell phone and/or landline telephone bills or records; or
- You recall getting one of the automated survey calls described above and you are able to prove that you received such a call, with some documentation, such as a telephone bill showing that you received the call, a recording of the call, a caller ID record of the call, or a screenshot of the call, or some other form of documentation evidencing your receipt of the call.
How Much Do I Get?
Defendants have agreed to create a Settlement Fund of at least $56,000,000 and at most $76,000,000 from which Settlement Class Members who submit valid claims will receive a per call cash award after payment of all cost of administering the settlement.
Each Class Member who submits a valid claim can get a payment of $500 (could be more or less depending on total claims) per call. The Settlement provides two ways to get a payment:
- Option One (three (3) calls or less): If you received three (3) calls or less, you should choose Option One on the Claim Form. You will be presumed to have received three calls and will receive payment for three calls. If your telephone number does not appear in Defendants’ records, you will need to submit documents or other proof that you received the calls.
- Option Two (more than three (3) calls): If you received more than three (3) calls, you should choose Option Two on the Claim Form. You will need to provide the number of calls you received on the Claim Form. You will be paid for each of the calls you received. If your telephone number does not appear in Defendants’ records, you will need to submit documents or other proof that you received the calls.
You must submit a claim by February 1st, 2019
- File claim here
- Rebate: $500
- Proof of Purchase Required: Phone number
- Settlement Pool: $56-76 million
- Deadline: 02/01/2017
- Read Settlement Details Here