Here’s a weekly round up of posts for Week 49 of this year. Usually every Thursday I put together a collection of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- Amex Credit Card Approvals without a Hard Pull by DoC – Interesting developments from Amex. Recent applications not showing up as hard pulls
- A New Possible Way to Bypass the Chase 5/24 Rule by Miles to Memories – Targeted offers are now showing up for some people when you log into your Chase accounts. These offers, if you have any good ones, will bypass 5/24
- Discounted Silvercar Audi Rentals Next Week by Mommy Points – They only carry Audis and for a good price it could be a great rental option
- Dimon Says New Sapphire Card Cuts Profit by Up to $300 Million in Quarter by Bloomberg
- Giving the Gift of Travel to Family and Friends by Miles for Family – This is probably the best redemption value out there for miles/points, besides using them yourself 🙂
- Liquidating tiny-denomination prepaid debit cards by Free-quent Flyer
- 2 new Alaska Airlines award redemptions now available by Points with a Crew