It was announced that the new benefits of the platinum cards would kick in today and American Express has also released a new increased bonus to go along with that. The bonus is for the Business Platinum card and it is a great one. You can earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards points, but you’ll need to spend $15,000 in three months.
You will earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires February 25, 2019.
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
With such a hefty $450 annual fee, not waived, the question is always whether the card is worth it. I’d say yes it is. You receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year, so I received the credit once in December and again in January which almost offset all of the annual fee. Beyond the first year, it becomes harder to justify the $450 cost though even with the enhancements. You can get a 2 cents/point value with the 50% bonus, that might be useful to some.
If you travel often, then it makes more sense to keep the card long term. You complimentary access to over 1,000+ airport lounges across 120 countries. The card has no foreign transaction fees.
This is a very good offer in my opinion and one of the best that Amex has had. Not the best ever though since there was a 150K AMEX Business Platinum offer before. But make sure that you have the means to spend $15,000 in three months. That’s no easy feat if you don’t have a lot of business related spending. Also be aware that Amex clawed back points from many people who MSed on the last 100K offer on the personal Platinum card. So I would try to do mostly organic spend on this offer.
- Apply Here (direct link)
- Earn 50,000 MR points after you spend $5,000 in 3 months
- Earn an extra 50,000 MR points after you spend an additional $10,000 in 3 months
- $200 annual airline fee credit on selected airline
- Earn 1.5x MR points per dollar on qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more
- Earn 1x MR point on all other purchases
- 2x points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- 50% bak in points when redeemed for flights on selected airline or first/business class on any airline
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- Complimentary access to over 1,000+ airport lounges across 120 countries
- No foreign transaction fees
- $450 annual fee (not waived)