Amazon has a great promo going on for American Express cardmembers. You can receive $25 off when you purchase at least $50 of eligible items and you use at least 1 Membership Rewards point for your purchase. You need to use promo code AMEX16EVER. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2016, or while supplies last.
To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer and you must be targeted. Terms say that offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months. But you can still test it out if it work for you.
If you MR earning card is already linked this might work.
- Go to Amazon.com
- Add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart
- Enter the promo code AMEX16EVER in the box provided on the checkout page and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points, even just 1 MR point
- Up to $25 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page
Promo code only works on products sold by Amazon. Looks like you can’t use it to buy Amazon gift cards, which would have been great. Also make sure not to use too many MR points, since you get terrible value for your points.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months
- Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold
- May not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards
- Available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States
- Check out the full offer terms.