City National Bank has a great credit card product called the Crystal Visa Infinite Card. The card sometimes has a nice signup bonus plus you get tons of benefits while the hefty $400 annual fee is also waived for the first year. The card will soon be converted to a metal design.
We have seen bonuses anywhere from 50K and up to 100K for this card. These points are worth 1 cent when used for travel so that makes the bonus worth $500 to $1,000.
Visa Infinite is the highest Visa tier card available in the United States so the card comes with a hefty $400 annual fee, but it is waived for the first year.
There’s great perks that come with the card and it’s definitely worth applying since you can get much more than the sign up bonus which is great in itself. Here’s a list:
- $250 Airline Incidental Fees Statement Credit per Calendar Year
- Priority Pass Select – Airport Lounge Access For 2 People (Primary and AU plus their guests)
- Global Entry Application Fee Statement Credit
- $100 Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit
- Visa Infinite Hotel Privileges (Relais & Chateaux )
- Visa Infinite Car Rental Privileges
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Crystal Card Concierge
- $400 Annual Fee (waived first year)
More benefits were announced in December 2019.
- Up to $550 Airline Lounge Club Membership fee statement credit when you spend $50,000 or more annually
- 15% savings plus a one-time $30 credit when you book a GroundLink chauffeured black car service with Crystal Visa Infinite Card
- Troon Rewards. Save on golf tee times, merchandise, and golf instructions
- Troon Prive. Use your Crystal Visa Infinite Card to access high-end, private golf clubs around the country
The $250 Airline Incidental Fees Statement Credit is per calendar year per card. You can add up to three authorized users for free per cardmember account and each one of them gets the Incidental Fees Statement Credit. That means you can get up to $1,000 back annually.
City National Rewards Points
The card earns 3 City National Rewards Points on gasoline, airline, hotel, taxi, rental car, train, bus, restaurant, fast food and takeout food dining purchases and 1 Point on all other purchases. There is no cap on points you can earn and they don’t expire as long as your account is open and in good standing. City National Rewards Points are worth about 1 cent each when redeemed for airfare. You can also use them on gift cards, but the rate is not as good.
Applying For The Card
You cannot apply for this card online. You need to go into a branch or you can contact your local City National banker, or call . You’ll likely need to submit income verification such as a W2 or a tax return. So obviously you’ll need to have good credit and a good income to qualify. Their branches are located in NY, DE, GA, TN, NV and CA.
This is one of the best credit card out there, especially if it has an increased signup bonus. Getting $500-$1000 to get the card, not paying an annual fee and then getting a ton of benefits, it’s hard to beat. You get up to 4 $250 Airline Incidental Fees Statement Credits per Calendar Year, lounge access for 2 people and their guests and much more. Putting spend on this card though, it’s not really worth it. You earn 3% on a few categories but you can often do better than that with other cards.