The Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card has a $500 sign up offer again. This was the offer that showed up when the card became publicly available back in April (and even earlier in the form of targeted offers).
The public offer comes with a increased cash back rate sign-up bonus. Get up to $500 cash back by getting an additional 2% cash back in statement credits on up to $25,000 in purchases made on the Card within the first 6 months.This is in addition to the cash back you can receive as part of the automatic benefits of your card. Targeted offers have had sign-up bonuses of $500 with $5,000 spend. With this offer, you need to spend $25,000 to get the same bonus.
This card is similar to the Chase Ink cards but it doesn’t have an annual fee. Besides 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services it also comes with 3% cash back on the category of your choice from a list of eight. All other purchases earn 1%. 5% and 3% apply only to the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year, then 1% applies thereafter. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
It is a charge card and a credit card in one. It allows you to buy above your credit limit and get cash back on those purchases too – with no overlimit fees. The amount above your credit limit is due in full each month as part of your minimum payment due. The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record etc.
As you can see the card is very similar to the Amex SimplyCash Business Card, but with double the limit on bonus categories. It is meant to be a competitor to the Chase Ink Plus card, but I think most people would value UR much more than 1 cent a piece.
There’s also another offer available with a $250 sign up bonus after spending $5,000 in the first 6 months. If you’re interested in that one you have to apply through an affiliate link, which I don’t have. Just do a search on google of you can use the link available at maximizingmoney.
- Apply Here
- 2% cash back on up to $25,000 in purchases made within the first 6 months in addition to all other cash back
- 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 3% cash back on one of the following categories
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 1% cash back on other purchases
- No overlimit fees
- No Annual Fee