Here’s a round up of posts, news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- Chase Disney $200 In Disney Credit Sign Up Bonus (No AF) by DoC– You can apply for the card through referral links only and there’s a bunch available on DoC’s post.
- Costco, Citi Flooded With Complaints in Rocky Card Rollout by Bloomberg – Looks like there’s more than a few troubles with the switch especially with lengthy wait times when calling to activate cards. I actually attempted a retention call yesterday and was on hold for about 15 minutes before hanging up without ever talking to anyone.
- OfficeMax/Depot 2% ‘Rewards Everything’ Loyalty Program Being Extended by DoC – Would be great if it went nationwide since they even give you 2% back on gift cards purchases, but I doubt that will ever happen. But if you’re in Denver, Nashville and soon Dallas, shop away.
- BBVA update: the party is on! by dem flyers – Looks like all is going well with the BBVA NBA card Finals promo. Most purchases are showing a 5x rate so enjoy all that cash back. They didn;t let me get in the club, so no party for me 🙁
- How Rental Car Companies Try to Charge You for Free Upgrades You Already Got by Le Chic Geek – Great reminder to always get the cheapest option available when renting a car, unless you really need more room. Almost always you’ll end up getting an upgrade anyway.