For residents of New York, Astoria Bank is offering a $250 bonus when you open a new Simple+ or Select Checking account, maintain the required balance of at least $2500 (for Simple+) and then either set up direct deposits of $250 or more or make three online bill payments of at least $25 for three consecutive months. With Simple+ and Select checking, you get free online banking, free mobile banking, free telephone banking, mortgage discount, cost discount, earns interest, and many more.
Best way to get the bonus is to open a Simple+ account with $2725 which will cover the three $25 for three months and leave you with $2500 for the required minimum balance to avoid fees.
You can also get an extra $50 bonus by enrolling in direct deposit, so the total bonus will be $300.
Minimum Balance Requirements:
- Simple+ – Average monthly balance of $2,500 or more in the account or a $10,000 minimum balance in any combination of Astoria Bank deposit accounts
- Select – Minimum balance of $25,000 in any combination of Astoria Bank deposit accounts
- Apply Now
- Account Type: Simple+ or Select Checking
- Availability: New York (doctorofcredit reports it might be nationwide)
- Expiration Date:
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $250 or more per month for three months (Optional)
- Monthly Fee: Yes, but can be waived with a monthly balance of $2,500
- Additional Requirements: If choose to not do direct deposit, then you must do 3 bill payments of at least $25 for 3 consecutive months. You must also have an average monthly balance of $2,500 in Simple+ account.
- Closing Account Fee: None