The AARP Credit Card from Chase is offering a $200 sign up bonus when you spend $500 on purchases on the first three months from account opening.
This is a no fee credit card that also has good earning rates on restaurants and gas stations. You can earn 3% on both those categories, without limits, which is a pretty good rate, especially for restaurants.
This card earn points which can be redeemed for cash, but they’re not UR points so you can;t transfer them to travel partners. You can’t transfer the points to a UR earning card either. So this is just a simple 1 point per 1 cents cash back deal. You will receive 20,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $200 cash back.
You do not need to be a an AARP member to apply for this card. Just leave the AARP member ID field blank while filling out your application.
There was a $100 sign up bonus recently for the AARP Credit Card from Chase. If you did apply with the lesser offer, send them a secure message and ask to be matched for this offer. Most likely they will approve it.
This product, just like all other Chase products, is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. But, since it’s a co-branded card, it will not count toward you total number of new Chase cards, which is usually 5.
- Apply Here
- Get a $200 bonus cash after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back rewards on restaurant purchases
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back rewards on gas station purchases
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back rewards on all other purchases
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
- No Annual Fee
- 3% Foreign Transaction Fee
- You do not need to be an AARP member to apply