Huntington National Bank is offering up to a $200 Bonus for residents of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia when you open a checking account. To get $200 bonus, make sure to open an Huntington 5 Checking account by 11/24/2015 and make at least $1,000 in deposits within 60 days of account opening
The bonus should be deposited within two weeks of fulfilling deposit requirement.
The account comes with a $5 monthly fee. You can avoid the monthly checking maintenance fee for any statement period on this checking account when you keep a total relationship balance of at least $5,000 in a combination of deposits held directly with the bank or investments made through our affiliate, The Huntington Investment Company. Eligible deposits are this checking account and your personal money market, savings, certificate of deposit (CD), and individual retirement (IRA) accounts.
If you’re getting at least 1% somewhere else for your money, it might be worth it just to pay the monthly fee and maybe ask for a fee refund for the first month.
Also keep in mind that Huntington National Bank has offered bonuses as high as $300 in the past.
- Apply here
- Account Type: Huntington 5 Checking
- Availability: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- Expiration Date: 11/24/2015
- Hard Inquiry: No, Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Additional Requirements: $1,000 in deposits within 60 days of account opening
- Monthly Fee: $5 (waived with $5,000 balance)
- Closing Account Fee: Must be open for 6 months to avoid fees