A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit concerning the labeling and marketing of merchandise sold in Michael Kors Outlet Stores during the period March 25, 2019 through March 25, 2019.
The lawsuit alleges that Michael Kors deceptively and misleadingly labeled and marketed merchandise that it sells at its Michael Kors Outlet Stores, including by using allegedly misleading price tags on its Michael Kors Outlet Products, which Plaintiffs claim resulted in damages to Plaintiffs and the Settlement Class. Michael Kors maintains that its marketing and labeling is not deceptive or misleading, and is entirely proper and permitted by law.
You are included in the Settlement Class if, between March 25, 2019 and March 25, 2019, you purchased at least one item at a Michael Kors Outlet Store that was sold with a price tag showing both an “MSRP” (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) and an “Our Price.”
These items do not include watches, jewelry, fragrances, eyewear or any other product that did not have a price tag that showed both an “MSRP” and an “Our Price.” If you’re a officer or employee of Michael Kors, its parents and subsidiaries, or any entity in which Michael Kors has a controlling interest, you’re not part of this settlement class.
The Michael Kors settlement fund will include $4,875,000 and all Class Members who submit a valid claim form will receive a percentage of that money based on a point system.
- Class Members who submit a claim form but do not submit a valid receipt showing a purchase of Michael Kors Outlet merchandise will receive one point.
- Class Members who submit receipts showing purchases made at a Michael Kors Outlet Store totaling less than $200 will receive two points.
- Class Members who submit receipts showing purchases made at a Michael Kors Outlet Store that total $200 to $499 will receive three points.
- Class Members who submit receipts showing a total of $500 to $999 will receive four points
- Class Members showing receipts that they purchased a total of $1,000 or more will receive five points.
The point system will determine how much of the settlement fund each Class Member will receive. Let’s say there’s 700,000 class members, with a total of 1 million points, to make the math easier. Each point will be worth $4.87, so with no receipt you would get just that.
- File claim here
- Rebate: Varies (see points system above)
- Proof of Purchase Required: No (1 point) / Yes (2,3,4 or 5 points based on purchase amount)
- Settlement Pool: $4,875,000
- Deadline: 11/16/15
- Read Settlement Details Here