Chase Sapphire Preferred might be a card that not many people are familiar with. At first they look at it with a bit of confusion and doubt, just like the cat in the video. But you’ll warm up to it when you read all the amazing things it offers, again just like the cat. The card has an aluminum core and trim, with a plastic coating and weighs a whopping 0.42 oz. It definitely looks cool.
To top it all off, there’s that 45K bonus points when you sign up through my referral link only. That link will give me 5,000 points but will introduce you to a whole new world of easy points and great travels.
Getting back to a serious tone for a second, the card comeswith a $95 annual fee, but it is waived for the first year. And you have to spend $4,000 to get the bonus, so if you do sign up keep these things in mind.
- 40,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months from account opening. Those 40,000 points can be redeemed for $500 in travel through Ultimate Rewards, or $400 cash back.
- 5,000 additional bonus points after you add the first authorized user and they make a purchase in the first three months from account opening
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95 annually
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Up to 10 points per dollar at nearly 300 top online retailers when you access those websites through the Ultimate Rewards Mall portal.
- No caps on reward earnings
To sum things up, this is an OK card. It has a big spending requirement when it only offers 45K points.I have the card myself, and it does have a few nice benefits. However it is being pushed by some bloggers as one of the best cards out there, hence the video and the jokes about the card. Especially with the recent limits of 5 cards by Chase, you should really thing through your applications strategy.