AAA is selling no fee Visa gift cards until June 30th. The offer has actually been available since May 1st, but I just read about it at this post from around the world in eighty dollars. This is the page where you can find the Visa gift card offer, but it is the Mid Atlantic website. There’s no limit.
The gift cards are issued by Metabank and can be loaded with $10 to $500. They come with a pin. The AAA gift card must be purchased at a AAA Retail office.
The website doesn’t mention any membership restrictions, so it looks like the offer is available to members and non-members alike. It is not a nationwide offer and you should call up your local AAA location to check if they are offering the no fee Visa gift cards and also make sure it is available for non-members.
The New York AAA website shows a $6.95 for non-members and 4.95 for members when purchasing in store.
If the no fee cards afre available near you, this could be a great way of meeting a minimum spend requirement or even stacking some points/miles.
- $0 purchase fee applies to AAA Office purchases only
- Offer is valid from May 1 to FEBRUARY 28, 2019
- Monthly inactivity fee of $2.95 with 12 consecutive months of inactivity
- Lost/Stolen replacement card fee of $5.95
- Visa Gift Cards are issued by MetaBank®
- Delaware – entire state
- Pennsylvania – Columbia, Delaware, Luzerne, Montour, Philadelphia, portions of Bucks, Chester, Carbon, Montgomery and Schuylkill counties
- Maryland – entire state
- New Jersey – Atlantic, Burlington, Cape May, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Somerset, Sussex, and Warren counties.
- Virginia – Northern, Shenandoah Valley, Central and Southern regions
- Washington D.C. – entire District
Other Regional Clubs that offer No Fee Visa Gift Cards
- South Jersey AAA (fee free for members. not sure about non-members)
Let us know if you find the offer in any other areas.