If you applied for a US Bank Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa card and are trying to fulfill the spending requirement, make sure to do it on the primary card. The card offered 50,000 points after first purchase plus an additional 35,000 points after $2,500 spend in three months. Apparently US Bank has a hidden fine print that states that $2,500 should be transaction activity made with the business owner’s Account only.
The wording to start with, is very vague and it can be interpreted as all cards on the account would count. This is not only a very weird rule, but it is also well hidden because it does not show up on the terms and conditions of the card. You can find it however on the brochures that come in the mail with the card, if you ever read those.
I personally had never thought to even check on this before, because it doesn’t make sense to me that the cards would be treated differently, under the same account. If you working towards a spend requirement for a US Bank business card, or planning to get one, just make sure to keep the spending on the primary card.
- Apply Here
- Up to 85,000 Bonus Points: first purchase bonus of 50,000 Gold Points, you must first make a purchase with your Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa credit card within 90 days after your Account was opened. You may earn an additional one-time Spend Bonus of 35,000 Gold Points if you spend at least $2,500 in Net Purchases on your Card within 90 days after your Account was opened.
- 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide
- 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else
- 40,000 bonus points each year after you renew your card and pay the annual fee
- Bonus Award Night – When you redeem Gold Points for 2 or more consecutive Award Nights, your last night is free. Exclusively for business owners.
- Club Carlson Gold Status is yours after you activate and use your card
- $60 Annual Fee