UPDATE: I checked with BoA and they told me that the bonus offer of $300 is for the existing customers who have accounts like savings, credit card etc with BoA but do not have a checking account with them. New customers will only receive $100.
Bank of America has a targeted promotion offering a $300 personal checking account bonus. The bonus is available to customers who receive a direct communication. You have to apply before February 10, 2019.
To receive the $300 bonus, one must open a new Bank of America Core Checking OR Bank of America Interest Checking personal checking account and receive two Qualifying Direct Deposits of $2,000 or more each within 90 days from account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited within 60 days of meeting the requirements. There’s a limit of one per customer and as usual you’ll receive a 1099, so you’ll have to pay taxes on it.
As I mentioned above, this is a targeted offer but it doesn’t hurt to try it our by printing it and visiting your local Bank of America branch. Ask them if they can honor it, and if they do, make sure to have proof of it, in case they refuse to honor it later on.
- Apply Here (or print)
- Account Type: Core Checking OR Interest Checking
- Availability: To those Targeted nationwide
- Expiration Date: 4/10/2015
- Hard Inquiry: No, just soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, two qualifying direct deposits of $2,000+
- Monthly Fee: The $10.95 fee with Core Checking is waived with direct deposit, OR $1500 balance, or student under age of 23. To waive the Interest Checking $25 fee, you must have a combined balance of $25K or more.
- Closing Account Fee: No